New Position available – Air Import Coordinator – New York, USA
We are currently working with one of the leading Freight Fowarders and are looking for a dynamic and personable multi-tasker who is driven by their own success, as well as the success of their team and the Company as a whole. If you can deliver a high quality of customer service and teamwork in an exciting and fast-paced environment, this may just be the perfect opportunity for you.
Key Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Effectively schedule air bookings for both hazardous and non-hazardous materials, simple and complex cargo shipments
- Ensure the complete and timely delivery of freight by attaining knowledge from clients in order to satisfy their needs and completing paperwork that meets stringent requirements
- Process data through the Company’s system and obtain releases as well as other government agency releases as appropriate
- Identify transactions and tasks that require special handling, recommend improved processes to management and implement resolutions within assigned scope of responsibility
- Be able to request, then negotiate, freight quotations to include details such as container capacities, packing dimensions and weights, coding, etc.
- In addition to basic math, be able to analyze numerical data, understand components and relationships, find patterns and draw conclusions
- Compose complex letters regarding issues and resolutions utilizing your ability to edit and proof business correspondence and reports and organize, prepare and assemble documents
- Comprehend the full range of freight forwarding services: order management, movement scheduling, customs brokerage, monitor and control services, cost optimization, etc.
- Other duties related to the position / employment
- Freight Forwarding experience preferred
- Prior use of CargoWise One a plus
- Three years of experience in a role involving extensive client contact required
- Computer skills, including frequent prior use of MS Office products (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, Teams, etc.)
- Excellent math skills, along with the ability to calculate freight measurements, weight and convert to international units when necessary
- Familiarity with domestic and international geography including countries and major cities
- Extreme attention to detail, including the ability to predict and circumvent issues before they occur and taking the proper corrective action
- Ability to be highly productive while keeping cool under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills