A top 25 freight forwarder based in the Los Angeles area are looking to recruit an experienced Freight Forwarding Business Development Manager who can develop import & export transportation services between the U.S. and Asia, Europe & LATAM.
- To generate and follow up sales leads, visiting potential and existing customers to obtain new business at reasonable profit
- To develop and maintain effective business relationships with new and existing clients
- To undertake presentations, produce and present tenders and proposals for new business and provide quotations as required
- To build relationships with overseas agents, supporting sales visits to and from them, offering professional advice and providing them with sales leads in order to generate business
- To monitor and report on current developments in the market and information on competitors
- To work with Route Development Managers to promote specific markets and generate business, through a co-ordinated programme of targeted joint calls
- To demonstrate effective time management, through efficient use of time and resources and well organised route planning
- To prepare and present information for the management team as required, including the submission of weekly and monthly sales reports
- To carry out such other duties as are within the scope and spirit of the job purpose and level of responsibility and offer support to other departments when required
To be considered for this position you must have experience in freight forwarding sales & business development in the U.S.