Our client is a multinational, dynamic freight logistics company with approximately 400 employees and growing, has international offices, as well as offices in key US cities. Our client has grown to more than 30 U.S. offices and 250 network locations in over 120 countries around the world.
The Branch Manager reports to the Regional Manager and is responsible for the financial performance, profitability, service delivery, client retention, new business growth, and operational excellence of the branch while maintaining a client-centric focus. This position requires an in‐depth knowledge of the industry, strong leadership and sales skills and the ability to successfully drive change and motivate employees.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Full P/L responsibility; manages costs within the branch and looks for efficiencies and improvements; delivers on the bottom-line budget commitment
• Develops and maintaining branch sales efforts, including managing sales staff, managing sales leads to and from overseas offices, joint sales calls with sales staff at customer location, cultivating and targeting growth accounts, sales and maintenance calls with customer accounts
• Develops and maintains positive relationships internally across all departments and functional areas, as well as externally with customers and key suppliers
• Facilitates positive communication with foreign and domestic offices, Sales, department managers, upper management, and/or clients regarding quality service and related issues that affect our ability to meet the client’s requirements
• Maintains compliance with all regulations of USA Customs/IATA/TSA and other governing bodies
• Coordinates the operations for all departments, monitoring workflows and management of resources to ensure and verify timely and accurate operational processes
• Ensures internal Quality System goals, including ISO standards, are consistently in focus and energies are directed to their achievement
• Collaborates with Sales and Operations teams to maximize the company’s presence with the mutual goals of retaining all existing business and gaining significant new business
• Has direct responsibility for operational personnel hiring, promotions, reviews, termination, and disciplinary actions
• Collaborates with upper management and staff to provide a healthy, challenging, and positive work environment allowing for individual growth, achievement and accomplishment consistent with the company’s objectives
Desired Skills and Expertise:
• Demonstrated Management skills on multi-department level.
• Strong negotiation and presentation skills, including professional demeanor and excellent written, verbal and communication skills.
• Highly motivated, sales orientated with proven track record of successful Sales experience.
• Skilled in exercising diplomacy when resolving customer inquiries and problems.
• Integrity and ethical qualities of the highest standard.
Education and/ or Work Experience Requirements:
• College degree or minimum 5 years’ experience in International logistics, Customs operations, freight forwarding, supply chain management, import/export, and/or closely related field
• Proven sales knowledge and abilities
• Strong sales closing skills
• Demonstrated Management skills on multi-department level
• Proven track record of successful Sales experience
• Intermediate knowledge of computers and data entry
• Legally eligible to work in the US
• Licensed Customs House Broker strongly preferred
• Medical-including Health Savings Account and Health Reimbursement Accounts
• Dental plan
• Life & AD&D
• Long Term Disability
• Company matching 401(k) and Roth K Plans
• Two weeks’ vacation, sick and personal time, floating holidays
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)