Job Title: Entry Writer II
Location: College Park, GA
The Entry Writer II is responsible for the accurate and timely submission of customs entries for clearance of in-bound cargo through US Customs and facilitating the delivery of freight to customers. The Entry Writer serves as a customer advocate and must possess good customer service skills.
CBP Entry preparation and transmission duties:
- Receive and review documentation, to input and transmit data for CBP release of shipments.
- Follow SOPS for each customer on the correct method and data required for preparing an entry.
- Possess the ability to classify products according to the HTSUSA
- Ability to identify products that are subject to PGA’s
- Organize the work area to identify the status of every file through every phase of the CBP entry process.
- Recognize routine and non-routine transactions for reporting discrepancies to management.
- Responsible for meeting KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) for Import operations
- Interface with customers on CBP, PGA, delivery, and irregularities:
- Report all issues to customers and management affecting timely clearance and delivery in a timely manner.
- Report problem resolutions to management in a timely manner including suggestions for problem avoidance in the future.
- Communicate in writing or verbally with customers and management all issues affecting specific urgent shipments
Delivery of freight to customers:
- Track and trace shipments and coordinate with airlines, steamship lines, freight forwarders and CFS on the availability of imported shipments
- Arrange with trucking companies the pick-up and delivery of freight solutions to simplify and expedite cargo flow
- Handle accounting processes as they apply to CHB including the issuance of invoices to customers or overseas offices as well as the processing of payment requisitions.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma and or GED, plus 3-5 years of experience and/or training as an entry writer or in customs broker operation and/or training is required. Must have sound knowledge of US Customs and Harmonized Tariff Codes.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Our client offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.