Salary: $80,000/yr – $100,000/yr
Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Location: Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex
We are currently working for one of our clients, a large freight forwarder that have an opening in DFW for a Gateway Supervisor.
Position Description Summary: Responsible for supervising the proper handling of all goods imported or exported from the United States or a foreign country. May support Ocean Services specifically.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
- Possess special knowledge of U.S. Customs rules and regulations regarding the processing of Import/Export shipments
- Interface with customs officials on a regular basis and coordinating clearance of all inbound flights. This includes a regular clearance of each airplane, flight crew, and cargo manifest
- Coordinate the aircraft unloading function of the foreign shipments and the proper placement of those containers in the facility
- Coordinate and develop list of shipments to be held on a regular basis
- Oversee and be available for the unloading of the containers, isolating hold shipments which are to be held separate from the rest of cargo in a secured area
- Must understand the release process which protects Company liability as a carrier from penalties from the U.S.
- Reconcile the entries with releases from U.S. Customs within 48 hours of entry
- Present complete cargo manifests for cargo entering/exiting the U.S. to U.S. Customs
- Specific knowledge on the entry and release of inbound shipments
- Working knowledge of both the internal online system as well as the AS400 Import Computer System
- Thorough knowledge of the following types of special entries/bonds/requirements: Certificate of Registration, In Transit Bonds, Transportation and Exportation Bonds, Immediate Exportation Bonds, Temporary Import Bonds, Single Entry Bonds, Military Entries and Carnet Entries
- Ensure a safe working environment through consistent practice of safety programs and procedures
- Select and place staff, ensure staff receives training for job activities, and define specific job assignments. Manage performance to ensure required levels of productivity and achievement of organizational objectives Individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge and Skills
- This is a supervisory position, exceptional interpersonal and analytical skills required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent strongly preferred.
- Generally prefer 0-2 years of related supervisory experience.